The International Training Course on Forest Resource Remote Sensing Monitoring for Economies Along ‘Marine Silk Road’ will be held on 7th–21st July 2019 in Nanning, Guangxi. This course is hosted by the Institute of Forest Resource Information Technique, Chinese Academy of Forestry and funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China and the Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (through Regional Forest Observations for Sustainable Forest Management Project). The details of enrollment are hereby notified as follows:
Name: International Training Course on Forest Resource Remote Sensing Monitoring for Economies along ‘Marine Silk Road’
Date：7th–21st July, 2019 (15 days)
Trainees：Researchers engaged in forestry and ecological environment monitoring in research institutes, universities and enterprises; Researchers working on resource and environment remote sensing, remote sensing technology application, quantitative remote sensing and other related fields, etc.
This training course aims to improve trainees’ ability to collect and process remote sensing data in the economies along the Maritime Silk Road. The course could enable trainees to map with the medium-resolution data and use high-resolution data in forest stand surveys. Through the course, the level of forest resources monitoring, and management could be improved in those economies.
TRAINING WORKSHOP CONTENTS
Training contents mainly include remote sensing data collection, processing, classification and evaluation, forest resource change detection based on remote sensing technology, forest resource inventory using lidar and high-resolution remote sensing data, annual forest change detection method based on time series data, etc.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAINEES
1. Trainees should come from the developing economies along the ‘Maritime Silk Road’ including Laos, Bangladesh, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and Sri Lanka, etc.
2. Be familiar with the current condition and technical requirements of forest resources remote sensing monitoring in their economies and provide PowerPoint and Word files for information sharing.
3. Applicants with over 3 years of work experience are prioritized.
4. Be capable of using English for communication and study.
5. In good health condition, no infectious diseases.
1. Contact the institute through E-mail and submit personal information form.
2. Register through the website of the developing economy technical training course enrollment system. (https://mostitp.cistc.gov.cn/student_login.aspx)
3. Registration deadline：31st May, 2019.
The expenses of local accommodation, food, transportation and training during the training period in Nanning will be covered by the organizer. And trainees’ travel and insurance expenses will be kindly borne by themselves.
Institute of Forest Resources Information Technique, Chinese Academy of Forestry.
Telephone number: +86-10-62889156 or +86-10-62888640
Contacts: Yong Pang, Shunxiang Fan, Yu Bai