Participants at the second Steering Committee Meeting.
Jointly organized by Yunnan Academy of Forestry and Grassland (YAFG) and APFNet, the Second Steering Committee (SC) Meeting of the Sino–ASEAN Network of Forestry Research Institutes (SANFRI) successfully concluded on 28 October, 2019 in Pu'er City, Yunnan Province of China. Representatives from eight SANFRI member institutes* attended the meeting.
The meeting reviewed the progress of SANFRI activities during the period 2018–2019 and drew up plans for the next two years. The implementation guidelines for two key actions under SANFRI, namely APFNet Conference Attendance Support and the APFNet Small Research Grant were adopted by the Steering Committee and will be formally launched in 2020.
A consensus was reached on the extension of the term of the current Chair of YAFG for two years until 2021 to maintain the continuation of SANFRI activities. The Vietnamese Academy of Forestry Sciences (VAFS) was elected as the Vice-chair for the period 2020–2021.
The Third Steering Committee Meeting of SANFRI will be held in Viet Nam in 2021.
* SANFRI members:
· Institute of Forest and Wildlife Research and Development of Cambodia;
· Yunnan Academy of Forestry and Grassland of China;
· Forestry and Environment Research Development and Innovation Agency of Indonesia;
· National Agriculture and Forestry Research Institute of Laos;
· Forest Research Institute Malaysia;
· Forest Research Institute of Myanmar;
· Forest Research and Development Bureau of Thailand;
· Vietnamese Academy of Forest Sciences.