Job Vacancy Announcement
07 Apr 2022 From：未知
Position: Project Manager
Project Management Division, Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (APFNet)
1. APFNet and the Project Management Division
The Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (APFNet) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing sustainable forest management and rehabilitation in the Asia-Pacific region. Proposed by China and co-sponsored by Australia and the United States, the creation of APFNet was agreed during the 2007 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leader’s Meeting in Sydney, and the organization was officially launched in 2008. APFNet operates according to four activity pillars: policy dialogue, demonstration projects, capacity building and information sharing. Further information can be found on http://www.apfnet.cn/.
The Project Management Division (PMD) is one of several divisions that are set up in the APFNet Secretariat. Its main responsibility is to manage demonstration projects, which fall into one of the four APFNet implementation tools and approaches that are adopted to deliver the APFNet mission and objectives. The divisional goal is to ensure that projects deliver their objectives and outputs in order to contribute to the overarching mission and goal of APFNet.
APFNet-funded projects are aimed at rehabilitating degraded forests and increasing forest cover, promoting sustainable forest management to enhance the ecological function and health of forests, and enhancing the contribution of forests to socio-economic development and local livelihoods.
2. We have a spot for you!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate to join PMD to manage APFNet projects and produce project-related communication materials. The candidate will gain insight and experience on APFNet’s projects and forestry in Asia-Pacific.
This is a full-time position, totaling 40 hours/week. The candidate should be able to commit to at least 2 years initially. The position is located at the APFNet Secretariat in Beijing, China.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Chiefly manage a number of APFNet projects located in Asia-Pacific, which includes:
o Communicate and coordinate with Executing Agencies to ensure smooth implementation of the projects
o Review and evaluate progress and financial reports, as well as Annual Work Plans
o Prepare materials for the initiation, review and completion of relevant projects
o Organize together with partners project-related workshops
o Support project partners on technical aspects of project management, especially relating to forestry
· Coordinate with partners to organize and/or attend regional and international workshops and conferences in and outside of China (depends on the situation of Covid)
· Writing, editing and polishing of English-language communication materials relating to APFNet projects, such as news articles, feature stories, policy briefs, reports and other types of publications
· Other duties as assigned by the PMD Director.
Prospective candidates require:
· At minimum a master’s degree (a major in environmental studies or forestry are a bonus);
· Native English speaker or native-level fluency, spoken and written Chinese language skills a bonus (please indicate your HSK level on the application);
· 2 years of work experience in project management in an environmental or development context, ideally with projects in Asia
· Willingness to move to Beijing, China, but also frequently travel to different locations (due to the Covid, the candidate should be a Chinese citizen, or a non-Chinese citizen with resident permit or working permit in China)
· Excellent English writing and editing skills, strong ability to analyze and summarize information;
· Experience in communications and public speaking is a plus;
· Team player with self-management and organizational skills;
· Strong attention to detail; and
· Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, proficiency in GIS, Photoshop a bonus
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter and a sample of your previous work (e.g. a news piece or report, can be former work) to Mr. Li Zhaochen(email@example.com) and Ms. Zhang Shiyi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 May 2022. Due to the expected high volume of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.